Friday, November 30, 2012

Poeming: Choosing.

Life. It's a crazy ride.


What i like about writing: when it takes you in a different direction than you thought you were going, and teaches you something that was in your brain all along.


CHOOSING
 
Accepting
that childhood spoke truth
of my life,
then leaving behind the
very craziness that defined it,
growing and learning
as I left it,
could I be reborn,
knowing new
living new?

 

Accepting
that adulthood speaks truth
of my life,
then opening eyes to
realize the tumultuous
ride that defines it,
growing and learning
as I see it,
can I be reborn,
knowing new
living new?

 

Life remaking itself
as people/hopes/dreams die
and we move forward
riding the crazy ride,
growing and learning,
choosing to form it
into something new
with new hopes,
reborn.

jle 2012


The prompt was to write about birth, or being reborn in some way.

No comments: