Monday, November 05, 2012

Poeming: U've Been Texted.



Today's poetry prompt over at Poetic Asides was to write a text message poem. (But not while driving.) Here's my attempt.


U’VE BEEN TEXTED.


Dinner!
wtr we hvg?
pizza
b rt there!
--it’s really meatloaf
nt hungry 8 b4.



*****

 

Want to go to dinner?
sure y not
What sounds good?
gd with wtever
How about Chinese?
no nt rly
What about Mexican?
had 4 lunch
Hamburgers???
to much grease
then what DO you want???
told u gd with wtever

*SIGH*

*****

Send me a pic of your
homecoming dress!


(incoming photo)

….UM…..
 

?

WOW.

??

Your dad’s okay with that?

dad sez I look pretty!

Um, pretty NAKED…..

oh

Look how long those legs are....

lol

i mean, you’re BEAUTiful, but SO grown UP. Where's 
my little GRANDgirl? And there will be boys’ eyes all
over your bare skin….H***Y young boys with raging
hormones and the self-control of a squirrel…..


GRANDMA!

OH. Well, I guess you were bound to grow
up sometime….be careful......


I will.

MAKE GOOD CHOICES! I LOVE YOU!
I love u too, grandma! :-)

No comments: