Saturday, April 28, 2012

Poetic therapy, day 28.

photo borrowed from uk-telephones.com

Day 28 of the Poem a Day Challenge on Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog. The prompt today:
write a problem poem. The poem could be about a problem the narrator is suffering through, or someone else’s problem. Or a math problem.


RAW

 and it’s been forty-nine days of
waking up remembering
you’re really gone and that
not having you on the planet is
severely messing with my head
and today I let the dogs out and
made some coffee
before I remembered I can’t call
you on the phone today but
it was a whole twenty minutes
this morning
a whole twenty minutes before
the empty space spoke up
and I don’t know if that’s a problem
I should be facing or if
maybe just a tiny bit of rawness
in me
is healing

No comments: