Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My maximum sport enjoyment.


Day 25 of Robert Lee Brewer's Poem a Day April Challenge:
write a poem about a sport.
photo borrowed from Wikipedia.

DUSTY SUMMER BASEBALL


my brother played baseball at the park up the street
dusty boys in the summer heat
I loved when he played those Little League games
never found anything quite the same
this little sister with my grubby toes
barefoot girl as often as I chose
running to the diamond in the middle of the grass
waving at big brother as i'd dance past
my brother played baseball at the park up the street
dusty boys in the summer heat
with me on the bleachers wiggling my toes
and keeping cool with my red sno-cone

dusty days in the summer heat
never found a way it could be beat…


Skimmer's Recap: i'm all about the sno-cones. Not so much about the sport.

No comments: