Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Poeming: Elsewhere

Happy nearly February. It's about time I put something in this space! I tried putting a photo in this space, but for some reason nothing was cooperating, so


< picture running feet here >


I dream about running. Of course I do, that's the only time I can run fast and far, rather than for 30 seconds and drop. Anyway, based on that thought and the prompt over at Poetic Asides, I wrote this poem. Draw your own of many possible conclusions.




ELSEWHERE.


Elsewhere                          

I rise easily                        

and s t r e t c h,                 

my face to sun                 

Then sit                                               

to tie my shoes and       

since I can,                         

go out and run                 


I bound                               

lighter than the air          

I breathe                            

my legs reach long          

the day                

is a melody

my bo-

dy the day’s song            


Elsewhere                          

when I close my eyes    

the light                               

within me glows              

and free                              

of encumbrance              

is my                     

body, heart, soul            


Elsewhere.



jle 2014




4 comments:

Susy said...

Beautiful poem. I've always wanted to be a runner.

julia said...

I imagine running as gravity defying and free, rather like I think of Heaven. :-)

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

<-- ditto

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

<- ditto squared, miss gorgeous.